Serves 4 people | 30-45 mins
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks (4 eggs in total at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup (95 g) Parmesan or other hard cheese - grated
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 150g Pancetta or Bacon – cubed or diced
- 1 box Dried Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley - chopped
- Good quality Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
Acquasala Salad :
- 2 large Tomatoes – Chopped
- 150 g Stale Ciabatta (can use bread of your choice, but try to ensure it is stale)
- 1 Shallot (can substitute with red onion)
- 100 ml Kalamata Olives – whole
- 1 bunch Oregano
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Flaky Sea Salt (I like using Newfoundland Salt Company)
Cast Iron Garlic Bread:
- 4 slices Bread – thick cut (I prefer sourdough, but any bread will work)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Herbs of your choice – Thyme or Rosemary work well
- Flaky Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Remove egg yolks from 2 Eggs
- In a large bowl mix 2 Eggs, 2 Egg Yolks, ½ cup of grated Hard Cheese. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Dice 150 g Bacon or Pancetta.
- Heat 1 tsp Olive Oil in large skillet to medium and add Pancetta. Cook until crispy and remove from skillet. Turn heat to low.
- Add box of Spaghetti to boiling water and cook to suggested cooking time.
- Reserve 1 cup of Pasta water and drain once cooked.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet over low heat and stir. Turn off heat and add Pancetta and Egg/Cheese Mixture. Mix.
- Add 1 cup of Pasta Water and stir until creamy.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Coarsely chop 1 bunch of Parsley.
- Put Pasta into serving bowl until ready to eat.
- Garnish with Parsley.
- Roughly chop 2 Tomatoes and put into bowl with juices.
- Tear 150 g Stale Bread into small chunks and add to bowl.
- Slice 1 Shallots into rings. Separate rings and add to bowl.
- Add whole Olives to bowl.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle Oregano leaves.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Finish with sprinkle of Flaky Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
Cast-Iron Garlic Bread:
- Cut 4 slices of Bread.
- Heat cast-iron pan to high.
- Add 2 tbsp Butter and 1 tbsp Olive Oil to hot pan.
- Crack 2 Garlic Bulbs and add to melted butter.
- Add Herbs to hot pan.
- Add Bread and cook on high until crispy on one side. Flip and cook until second side is crispy.
- Remove Bread from pan and serve.
Copyright © 2021 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett