Serves 3-4 people | Prep time 15 mins
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream – 35% is preferred
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp Flaky Sea Salt (I prefer to use Newfoundland Salt Company Sea Salt)
- 1 Loaf of your favourite Crusty Sourdough Bread or Biscuit
- Pour 2 cups of Cream into automatic mixer bowl
- Attach whisk and begin to beat on low, gradually increasing speed as mixture thickens.
- Continue to beat until butter fat separates from buttermilk at bottom of bowl – this should take less than 10 minutes.
- Strain the butter and press to remove any additional liquid.
- Mix butter with 1 tbsp of Molasses until smooth and consistent throughout.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp of flaky sea salt and spread on your favourite thick cut sourdough toast
Copyright © 2021 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett