Serves 2 people | Prep time 2 – 24 hours | Cook Time 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp maggi sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To create the marinade, place 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp maggi sauce, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp pepper, and the juice from 1 lime in large bowl and mix.
- Pour marinade into ziplock bag or sealable container and add steak. Ensure entire steak is covered with liquid and place in fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade 1 hour prior to cooking and place on counter. Remove any excess liquid from steak.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat cast iron pan to high. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter. Season flank steak with flaky sea salt and pepper and put in pan. Sear on both sides for approximately 2 – 3 mins per side, or until crust has formed. Transfer pan to preheated oven and cook for an additional 4 – 6 minutes, or until steak reaches desired doneness. If uncertain, use a meat thermometer to check.
- Remove steak from oven and pan. Let rest on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut steak against the grain and enjoy!
Copyright © 2022 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett