Serves 4 people | 45 mins
- Approximately 300 gm rice noodles
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 gm firm tofu cubed
- 1 red bell pepper – sliced
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 shallot – diced
- 200 gm shrimp
- 1 cup sugar peas
- 3 green onions – chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 2 limes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 red Thai chili chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
Pad Thai Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Maggi sauce (can be substituted for more soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp siracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Cook noodles according to package instructions or until tender.
- Mix the sauce in mason jar or bowl by combining 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Maggi sauce, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and 1 tbsp siracha hot sauce. Whisk or shake and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in large pan or wok. Add salt and pepper and fry cubed tofu until crispy making sure to turn occasionally.
- Once crispy add 1 tbsp oil, 1 sliced bell pepper, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1 diced shallot, 200 gm of peeled shrimp, 1 cup of sugar peas, and 1 chopped green onion. Cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Move all ingredients to one side of the pan. Add 1 tbsp oil and whisk eggs into hot pan. Scramble the eggs until cooked and mix with remaining pan ingredients.
- Add cooked noodles, 1 cup of bean sprouts, ½ cup of crushed peanuts and sauce. Toss to combine all the ingredients and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until everything is well mixed and hot.
- Squeeze ½ a lime over dish. Top with cilantro leaves, remaining green onions, crushed peanuts and chopped Thai chili if desired.
Serve with sliced lime wedges and enjoy!
Copyright © 2022 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett