KSR Juga Makolli 902 Poached Halibut
Prep time 20 mins | Total time 30 mins | Serving 4
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 halibut filets
- 1 cup Makolli 902 Lemon & Sage Korean Rice Wine
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 4 slices ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 spring onions
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 lemon grass stems
- 1 tsp Maggi or soy sauce
- 2 Thai chillies, sliced
Pairing Suggestion – Makolli 902 Korean Rice Wine
- Combine 1 cup cilantro and 1 cup olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend until it forms a liquid with no visible cilantro pieces.
- Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- Heat Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot to medium and add 1 cup Makolli 902 Lemon & Sage Korean Rice Wine, 900 ml chicken stock, 4 ginger slices, 1 peeled garlic clove, 1 tsp whole peppercorns, 2 spring onions, 1 chopped shallot, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 lemongrass stems, and 1 tsp Maggi sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add 4 halibut fillets.
- Allow fish to poach for 5 - 7 minutes or until flaky and cooked through. Do not overcook as halibut will become dry.
- Remove halibut from poaching liquid and strain remaining poaching liquid through fine mesh strainer.
- To serve, place poached halibut in a high brimmed plate or shallow bowl. Add enough poaching liquid to cover the bottom of the dish. Add 4 - 6 dips of cilantro oil to liquid. Add desired amount of sliced Thai chillies. Top with fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, and serve.