Wayfarers’ Radler Halloumi Toasties
Prep time 20 mins | Total time 50 mins | Serving 6
- 250 gm halloumi cheese, sliced
- 473 ml Wayfarers’ Southbound Wheat Radler
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 200 ml sun dried tomato pesto
- 150 gm prosciutto
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 200 gm mixed greens
- 50 gm parmesan cheese, shredded
Pairing Suggestion – Wayfarers’ Citrus Pale Ale
- Slice halloumi cheese and place in bowl with 473 ml Wayfarers’ Southbound Wheat Radler to marinate for up to 40 minutes.
- Add 200 gm mixed greens to bowl. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over salad mix. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 50 gm shredded parmesan cheese. Mix and set in fridge until ready to serve.
- Remove halloumi from marinade. Heat pan to medium and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add halloumi to pan and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Squeeze one lemon juice over halloumi and remove from pan. Set aside.
- Toast sliced baguette in oven under broil until golden brown.
- Remove toasted baguette from oven, top with 1 tsp sun dried tomato pesto on each. Top with cooked halloumi, add 1 basil leaf, and wrap with prosciutto.
- Serve with mixed greens.
Copyright © 2023 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett