Trider’s Scotian Pale Braised Chicken Thighs
Prep time 10 mins | Total time 50 mins | Serving 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 twigs of thyme
- ¼ cup Trider’s Scotian Pale Ale
- 200 gm mixed mushrooms
- 8 chicken thighs
- 250 ml whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
Pairing Suggestion – Trider’s Dorai Senso Japanese Lager
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan to high. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add 8 chicken thighs, skin side down, and sear on all sides until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from dutch oven and reduce heat to low.
- Deglaze pan with ½ cup Trider’s Scotian Pale Ale and scrape all bits from bottom of pan.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 diced shallot, and cook for 2 mins or until tender.
- Add 1 tbsp paprika and mixed mushrooms. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add 250 ml whipping cream, 3 twigs of thyme, and place chicken in pan skin side up.
- Season with salt and pepper, place cover on pan, and put in oven to cook undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover from pan and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil for 2 minutes to crisp up chicken skin.
- Check internal temperature to ensure 170° F and remove from oven.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Copyright © 2023 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett