Smokehouse Blonde Pickled Asparagus
Prep time 10 mins | Total time 48 hours
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Smokehouse Blonde
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
Pairing Suggestion – Smokehouse Litehouse Lager
- Trim asparagus by cutting bottom inch off each.
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup apple cider vinegar, ½ cup Smokehouse Blonde, 1 ½ cups water, 1 tbsp salt, ½ tsp sugar. Heat until boiling and all ingredients have dissolved.
- Add 2 peeled garlic cloves, 1 cup fresh dill, 1 tsp peppercorns, 1 tsp chilli flakes to mason jar.
- Add trimmed asparagus to mason jar.
- Pour hot liquid into mason jar and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Copyright © 2023 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett