Paddy’s Pub Annapolis Lobster Dip
Prep time 20 mins | Total time 50 mins | Serving 6
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lbs cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 cup Parry’s Brewpub Zhergoot Vienna Lager
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp Maggi sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pairing Suggestion – Paddy’s Brewpub Annapolis Valley Ale
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat non stick pan to medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil. Allow butter to melt.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove, 1 diced shallot. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until translucent. Add ½ cup Patty’s Brewpub Zhergoot Vienna Lager and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 lbs cooked lobster meat and sauté for 3 minutes while stirring. Cook until liquid reduced by at least half.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine 250 gm softened cream cheese, zest of 1 lemon, juice from ½ lemon, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp dried dill, 1 tsp Maggi sauce, and 1 tsp paprika. Mix until well combined.
- Add lobster mixture to bowl and stir to combine.
- Add mixture to an oven safe dish, top with remaining shredded cheese, and bake at 400° for 30 - 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and hot.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or a baguette.
Copyright © 2023 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett