Coldstream Lager Poached Lobster Tails
Prep time 5 mins | Total time 30 mins | Serving 4
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 355 ml Coldstream Lager
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ lemon sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 lobster tails
Pairing Suggestion – Coldstream Lager
- Heat Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp butter, 1 tsp olive oil, and allow butter to melt.
- Add 355 ml Coldstream Lager, 2 garlic cloves, ½ lemon sliced, 2 cups water, 1 tsp dried dill, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 10 minutes so flavours can develop.
- Lower heat to medium low and add 4 lobster tails.
- Cook for 6 minutes on simmer, then flip and cook for an additional 6 minutes or until done.
- Remove lobster tails from poaching liquid and dunk in ice water to stop cooking process.
- Serve with summer salad, potatoes, or any side of your choice.
Copyright © 2023 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett