Hardistry American Pale Alabama BBQ Sauce with Seared Scallops and Crumbled Bacon
Prep time 20 mins | Total time 25 mins | Serving 2
- 8 scallops
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Flaky sea salt and pepper to taste
Alabama BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup kewpie mayo
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Hardistry Happy Path Pale Ale
Pairing Suggestion – Hardistry Block Party Smash Pale Ale
- Remove 8 scallops from refrigerator and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Heat non stick pan to medium high and fry bacon for 3 mins per side or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 cup kewpie mayo, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp honey mustard, 2 tsp prepared horseradish, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp hot sauce, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, and ½ cup Hardistry Happy Path Pale ale in a mason jar. Shake until combined.
- When bacon is crispy, remove from pan and set aside.
- Pat dry scallops on both sides and put in bacon grease to fry.
- Sear for 2 mins per side or until golden brown.
- To serve, place 2 tbsp Hardistry Alabama BBQ sauce on plate. Top with 4 scallops per person, crumble bacon over the dish, and top with sliced green onion. Add freshly cracked pepper and flaky sea salt.