RECIPE: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salsa
Posted by Stephen Barrett on
Serves 4 people | Prep time 15 mins | Cook time 30 mins
- 2 Ears of Corn on the Cob
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper – Seeded and Chopped
- 1 Shallot – Diced
- 1 Heirloom Tomato - Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove – Minced
- 1 Avocado - Cubed
- 1 Lime – Zested and Juiced
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro – Roughly Chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 tbsp Feta Cheese - Crumbled
- 1 Bag Corn Chips to Serve
- Heat cast iron pan to high. (This can also be done on a BBQ)
- Husk 2 Ears of Corn and put in pan – grilling until all sides are charred. Turn frequently.
- Add 1 Jalapeno to pan and char on all sides.
- Dice 1 Shallot and 1 Heirloom Tomato. Mince 1 Garlic Clove. Cube 1 Avocado. Place all in a large bowl.
- Zest 1 lime into bowl with other ingredients. Add lime juice.
- Chop 1/3 cup Cilantro.
- When corn is fully charred, remove from pan and let cool. Once cool cut cornels from cobb.
- Remove charred Jalapeno from pan. Remove seeds and chop roughly.
- Add Corn, Jalapeno, 1 tsp of Paprika, Chilli Powder, Olive Oil, and Maple Syrup to bowl and stir.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add 1/3 cup chopped Cilantro and stir.
- Top with 1 tbsp crumbled Feta Cheese.
Serve with corn chips and enjoy!
Copyright © 2021 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett
Share this post
- Tags: snacks