RECIPE: Breakfast Cups with Rhubarb Marmalade
Posted by Stephen Barrett on
Serves 4 | Prep time 1.5 hours
Rhubarb Marmalade (Yields 5 – 6 Cups):
- 1 lbs (3 cups) Rhubarb - Diced
- 1 Medium Orange with Peel
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 Basil Leaves
- 4 Mint Leaves
Breakfast Cups for 4:
- 400 gm Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp Granola of your choice
- 1 tbsp Pistachios - Chopped
- Combine 3 cups Chopped Rhubarb, 1 cup Sugar, 1 Cup of Maple Syrup, and ¼ cup of Water in Dutch oven or other heavy bottom pot.
- Blend 1 Orange with peel and add to mixture. Tear and add 4 Mint Leaves and 2 Basil Leaves.
- Bring to a boil for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Stir frequently.
- Skim off any foam and place in fridge to allow marmalade to cool overnight.
- Place 100 ml Yogurt in 4 separate cups.
- Add 1 tbsp Marmalade to each cup.
- Top with 1 tbsp Granola and 1 tsp of chopped Pistachios.
- Extra Marmalade will keep for up to a week refrigerated.
Copyright © 2021 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett
Share this post
- Tags: breakfast