RECIPE: Big Cove Cocoa Loco Mexican Mole
Posted by Stephen Barrett on
Serves 4 People | 45 minutes
Get 15% off the Big Cove cocoa loco spice blend by using discount code "GETSPICY" on the Big Cove website.
Big Cove Cocoa Loco Mexican Mole:
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 shallots diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno cored and diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Big Cove cocoa loco spice blend
- 1 tbsp smooth nut butter of your choice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp canola oil in saucepan to medium heat
- Dice 2 shallots and add to pan. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until they are soft and fragrant
- Mince 3 garlic cloves and core and dice 1 jalapeno. Add to pan and stir. Cook for 2 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp chili powder, 2 tbsp flour, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp dried oregano to pan and stir until everything is mixed. Continue cooking for an additional minute
- Remove pan from heat and add 2 cups of stock and stir until everything is combined
- Blend mixture and purée until smooth. Be careful with hot liquid. If it is too hot, wait until it cools
- Return to saucepan and heat on medium heat
- Add 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp Big Cove cocoa loco spice blend, 1 tbsp smooth nut butter, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Mix until smooth
- Continue cooking and stirring until sauce reaches a simmer and thickens
- Serve on tacos, on roasted chicken, in soups or dips, or wherever you’d use a Mexican mole.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pictured is chicken tacos with shredded cabbage, Big Cove Mole, and crumbled feta cheese.
Copyright © 2022 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett