Serves 4 People | 45 minutes
Get 15% off the Big Cove Maple Mustard Harmonizer spice blend by using discount code "GETSPICY" on the Big Cove website.
Big Cove Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Halloumi Skewers:
- 8 large shrimp (26/30 or 31/35 shrimp per pound size) shelled and deveined
- 200 gm halloumi cut into 8 equal cubes
- 2 tbsp Big Cove Maple Mustard Harmonizer spice blend
- 8 strips of bacon halved
- 8 skewers
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 2 cups of homemade maple BBQ Sauce – see recipe below
- Place skewers in water to soak for 20 minutes prior to grilling
- Heat your grill to medium heat leaving one side off for indirect heat
- Thaw, shell, and devein shrimp.
- Cube 200 gm of halloumi into 8 equal cubes
- Cut 8 strips of bacon in half, dividing the bacon into two equal pieces per slice
- Put 2 tbsp of Big Cove Foods maple mustard harmonizer spice blend in a shallow bowl or plate
- Put shrimp into shallow bowl and coat completely with Big Cove maple mustard harmonizer
- Wrap spiced shrimp in bacon
- Assemble the skewers alternating bacon wrapped shrimp and halloumi – each skewer should have two shrimp, two pieces of cheese, and the skewer should pierce the bacon to keep everything in place
- Cook your skewers over flame for 1-2 minutes per side – turning occasionally until the bacon begins to crisp. Be careful not to move the skewers around too much so you don’t lose your cheese.
- Once bacon has cooked, move the skewers to the indirect heat side of your grill to base with homemade bbq sauce. Cover each side of the skewers with homemade bbq sauce and leave on grill until nice and sticky.
- Remove from grill, squeeze fresh lemon juice over skewers and serve.
Homemade Maple Mustard BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Big Cove Foods maple harmoniser spice blend
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight mason jar and shake until combined.
Copyright © 2022 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett