Hell Bay Privateer Mussels
Prep time 10 mins | Total time 25 mins | Serving 4
- 4 lbs mussels
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup Hell Bay Privateer Pilsner
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pairing Suggestion – Hell Bay Dark Cream Ale
- Heat large pot on stove to medium and add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil. Allow butter to melt.
- Add 3 chopped garlic cloves and 3 chopped shallots. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add 1 cup Hell Bay Privateer Pilsner. Simmer for 3 mins until reduced.
- Add 1 cup whipping cream. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add mussels, stir, and cover. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes or until mussels all open and look cooked.
- Serve with fresh dill.
Copyright © 2023 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett