Bright Lite Salmon Bites
Prep time 20 mins |Total time 50 mins | Serving 4
- 473 ml Brightwood Bright Lite Beer
- ½ cup salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 500 ml water
- 1 side of salmon - skin off
- 2 tbsp Montreal steak spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Pairing Suggestion – Brightwood Backyards Hazy Pale Ale
- Combine 473 ml Brightwood Bright Lite Beer, ½ cup salt, ½ cup sugar, 1 bay leaf, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp peppercorns, 1 tsp dried dill, and 500 ml water.
- Place salmon in brine for 30 minutes.
- Remove salmon from brine and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut salmon into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss salmon cubes in large bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp Montreal steak spice.
- Line baking sheet parchment paper.
- Place salmon on baking sheet ensuring cubes are not touching and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve with rice, sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and hot or spicy sauce.