- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 340 grams sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 340 grams Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, finely minced (can substitute with 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of chipotle smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon cayenne powdered, ½ teaspoon cumin, pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste)
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeños, garlic, cumin, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onion is fragrant, about 5-10 minutes. Add the cream cheese and milk. Cook over medium heat until the sauce is smooth and the cream cheese has melted.
In a bowl, toss together the shredded cheese with the flour. Little by little, add the cheese to the warm milk, whisking until the sauce is smooth. Stir in the chipotle peppers.
Serve the queso warm and eat. Top with Salsa and Avocado if available
Hot Buffalo Wings
- 1 lbs of wings
- 1 stick of salted butter (1/2 cup)
- 354 ml of franks or daves hot sauce (1 bottle)
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
Heat oven to 400 degrees
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
Add wings, ensuring you don’t overcrowd the pan.
Turn up to medium high heat and cook, turning often until wings are crispy on the outside and cooked through – approximately 15 – 20 mins
Remove wings from pan
In an oven safe pan add butter and hot sauce, place in the oven until butter is milted.
Add wings to hot sauce mixture and cook until sauce has reduced and is coating wings (approximately 15 minutes)
Remove from oven, transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with sliced spring onions.
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1-teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Pinch of cumin
- Teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt (or any salt if you don’t have sea salt)
Open and mash avocados in a bowl
Add remaining ingredients and mix until desired smoothness is reached
Copyright © 2021 by Seasoned Plate | Chef Stephen Barrett
Share this post
- Tags: snacks